Monday, October 28, 2013

Tileable Stones

I've been working on a game environment and wanted to practice making some tileable textures so I did this Stone walkway. I laid out the bricks in Maya using the grid so that from the get go they overlapped properly on all sides.

I then export this as an obj and bring it into zbrush to subdivide and sculpt the bricks. Zbrush separates each mesh in an obj into separate polygroups which you can then isolate by ctrl + shift + clicking the brick you'd like to work on. I then use the TrimDynamic, PlanarCut, and ClaybuildUp to sculpt out the bricks one by one. 

After that I brought the high poly sculpt back into Maya and transferred it onto a single plane and saved out the resulting images. Took those into photoshop and painted my color map using the transferred maps as a guideline. Then I brought those into Marmoset for the time being so I could show you what it looks like rendered out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment